Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Calm Before the Storm

These past few weeks have been legitimately crazy and hectic. I've moved out from my Summer housing as of August 20th and started moving back to Rhode Island for the school year this past Sunday. In between that I went home for a week, had a few doctor's appointments and tried to cram in as much friend visiting as I could. It wasn't until yesterday that I even really did a lot of unpacking, and I still have stuff that needs to find homes. Today I have to go grocery shopping, get the rest of my stuff in order, and I have a sorority meeting at 6:00 pm. Suffice to say that blogging has been low on my priority list...

As far as my eating has been concerned, it's been all over the place. When I come back into town to see my family and friends, everyone wants to get together and go to dinner. I really appreciate the sentiment but often we go to places that I know I won't have a shot of making a healthy decision at. In order to defray the Restaurant Dieting, I tried hard to eat low-calorie during the days but even that could only staunch the flow of fat and calories so much.

Since I have to go grocery shopping today, I'm looking diligently at the sale flyer for Stop and Shop to save some money and eat healthy. I was absolutely thrilled to see Smart Ones on sale 8 for $10 this week -- even if I gave one of their meals a pretty awful review. I'm excited to get back on the wagon, so to speak, with healthy eating and healthy reviewing! I think I'll also be able to review my first healthy dessert since some of the sale covers that as well. I also saw that one of my favorite fruits, peaches are just $.99 a pound and that Kraft has some new deli flatbread creations on sale that are supposedly low-calorie. Sounds good to me.

Last night I some friends came over and we had some margaritas in my apartment on campus. It was nice to see everyone but I was tired and slowed down early. My apartment is set up so that there's a kitchen, bathroom, sinks, living room and two double bedrooms so we have a good amount of space. My direct roomie, Carolynn, went to visit her boyfriend for the night and has yet to return so I've been chilling with my other roomie Maria. In 2 hours I should be on my way to grocery shopping but until then I'm going to have to eat something which means review time for the blog. Excuse me while I switch costumes and get ready for a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment