Monday, October 4, 2010

Stop and Shop Me

Stop and Shop is the most convenient store for me while at school, yet for the last two weeks they've been having a wicked dry spell for those of us looking for a sale on those pricey diet foods. Recently, I've discovered CookingLight.com which has tons of recipes that look delicious and are healthy. Since the three cookbooks I have are thin on light recipes, it greatly pleases me that I can source new and nutritious recipes that change depending on seasons, holidays, etc. These would be great for when I actually have time to cook, like most nights for dinner, but during the day they just aren't practical options. Hence why I still rely on frozen good-for-you meals. Not that I've been reviewing or writing much of anything lately, but I'm trying to follow through with my original idea.

Since I absolutely love chicken, I've been browsing the multitude of chicken recipes on Cooking Light's web site to decide which lucky winners will end up on my table this week. I think I'm making one meal for Matt, and I'm sure Friday night will be either eating at Matt's or our once a week out to eat excursion. This means I'll only need 3 recipes, which isn't quite so bad.

I'd love to blog more but unfortunately I have a Student Senate meeting in a bit, so I'll be getting dressed and washing a few dishes now and then off to parliamentary land. I'm feeling a bit tired so I'm really hoping this meeting will be to the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment