Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Smart One's Fettucini Alfredo

I'm tired, cranky, hungry, and have about a zillion things to arrange/unpack/tidy etc. I also have to go to work in a half hour, so this will be a quickie. I spent most of my 3 hour break moving furniture in my room so a rug I bought would fit and changing some stuff up in the kitchen because I wasn't a fan of where we were placing things originally. Also, I'm crabby because I just want to be able to have a real soda instead of this diet stuff. The temptation to cheat today is super strong and these past few days I feel like I'm always hungry and just can't get enough to eat. Between the stress of moving in, classes starting, and having a weird schedule (well I haven't really settled into one yet, so...) it's been hard to be consistent with foods and meal times.

And GOD do I realize how many unhealthy food advertisements are on TV. GAH.

First Impressions: It's pretty hard to screw up pasta, alfredo sauce, and broccoli. It doesn't give off much of a smell and I fear the sauce will probably be a little bland, but everything looks ok and there's a generous portion of bite sized broccoli florets.

Taste: The sauce is much better than I could have expected. A little less creamy than most jar or restaurant sauces but that's to be expected. The broccoli is amazingly fresh tasting, which really surprises me. The pasta tastes like pasta! (Big surprise, right?)

Texture: Al dente is a distant cousin to this fettucini. It's not completely mush, but wow is it soft! I wouldn't say that it's so soft that it makes eating the meal undesirable, but they could have done much better on the pasta because it's the focal point of this entree. The broccoli is firmer than what I prefer -- not fork tender but almost an 'al dente' steam. Like the pasta, the texture is not enough to turn me off.

General Thoughts: I feel like Smart One's could have tried a little harder, especially with the soggy pasta issue. It's a decent meal in and of itself but wouldn't satisfy my alfredo cravings -- if I were subject to them, that is. For me, alfredo is nice on occasion but I could take it or leave it for the most part.

I would probably buy this again.


Rating: 3 stars

Calories: 240
Fat: 3.5 grams
Smart One's Website with Complete Nutritional Info

P.S. The lack of pictures is still due to camera issues -- it's currently misplaced AND out of batteries. Double whammy.

No comments:

Post a Comment